Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Bike, New Brakes

After the testing in the hallway and in the alley outside N52, we realized we needed a more reliable bike. The aluminum Geoby bike was a nice bike but it was definitely not designed to handle the loads we were putting on it. We had no issues with it but before anything happened we decided to switch to a steel frame, disc brake bicycle. Luckily Lennon had a Surly Disc Trucker he was willing to let us use for the project.

Joey working on the new frame.

We moved all the electronics onto this new frame and we also replaced the stock brakes with very nice high end Shimano disc brakes with integrated heat sinks. Rango, Lauren and I also decided to revamp the electrical wiring system with better connectors and a better more logical layout.

new controller-motor wiring system

No comments:

Post a Comment