Sunday, August 18, 2013

Trailer Brakes and Lynch Rebuild

This weekend we focused on two tasks: rebuilding an old lynch motor and machining the parts for the brake mounts.

Rebuilding the lynch was a little tricky but we got it done:

lower magnet plate and armature

then we add the top magnet plate and the brushes

brush cap
test setup, the motor pulls around 2-3 amps at 5V unloaded
The other half of the team worked on mounting brakes on the trailer, one more part needs to be machined and the trailer brakes will be fully mounted.

half of the mounting bracket for the brakes

No comments:

Post a Comment